High Tea and Lechon

A friend gifted me with a full set of tea pots (thank you J). Dainty kung dainty. Buti na lang di siya pink dahil baka mangilo na 'ko sa pagka-dainty. I like flowers and dresses, teapots and sunshine and the smell of fresh grass. But I don't like pink. I'm trying to. My likeness for all things Stepford wife-ish is also synonymous with my likeness to her opposite---  black, gray weather, spikes and skulls on shirts, Walking Dead, ugly nail polish, killing fat garapata and U2. Somehow but they still go together in me. And right now, the dainty-ness in me is kicking in.

Kaya nagplano ako ng isang paandar afternoon tea party. And to up the ante sasamahan ko ng gourmet lechon from Pepita's. Do they go together? Hell no. That's why I like it. That's London and La loma combined. Oh and I asked my guests to come in nice floral outfits. I'm glad some of them obliged. haha. One even came with a nice floral hat on.

But sometimes pushing plans are a hard thing to come by. Especially now, for me, na bumukas na ng bongga ang tindahan ni Mrs. Real. Napaka-busy ko at nag-eeffort ako hindi magmukhang busy which makes me feel a lot busier because I am trying my best not to look the part. Leche. Ang hirap magpanggap na relaxed. And with that in mind, the push planning had to come to a shove on sunny Saturday afternoon.

You have to make time for friends. And I like to spend time well with full paandar. I'm glad everyone enjoyed--- we had lechon, biscuits with home made dip, lemon grass tea, some cakes and cupcakes, pistachios and lots and lots of chismis, chika, nostalgia and everything else in between bursts of diva music via Spotify. I just love it when friends come by and just sit down and talk.



I felt it was a success because we hardly touched our cellphones.  I'll make another one like this.


Comments

Popular Posts