NY 2019



Manila is in heat right now and yet i can still savor the spring chill of New York a few weeks ago. It was my third time there and i feel i still haven't explored the city that much. I love New York for reasons I don't really know. But I know that when I am there, I feel like i am given a new name, new identity. Like i can be a familiar blank slate.  I like the parks and the old brick lined buildings. I like how uncertain it is for some reason. I like how it makes me feel unknown and powerful at the same time.




biking in Central Park


New York gives me something and so much more. I would definitely come back. Probably read and do something at the public library (which was glorious and majestic) or marvel at brick lined buildings in Brooklyn, stare out into the greens of Bryant Park and just be an unknown in the dingy subways.  I think it will be different every time and that's what lures me.



flowers at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden


Comments

Popular Posts