On freshness

I'm supposed to be crawling to December but some things didn't fall into place this month. After a few head bangs and tears, it's been quite a breeze from there.  My kids are not used to me being 'un-busy', I admit, I rarely have time when the full writing kicks in. And to add some salt, I have this temporary amnesia on basic stuff of life like eating, drinking water, pooping and sometimes, i forget that i have kids too. Not a good thing but I am that kind at times and I'm not super ass for juggling things. It must be the aging process? or is it me lang? Hay ewan. Hindi ako perfect period.

Just recently, we had this awarding among my peers on who still looks fresh after a deadline. Who does this? Who really looks fresh like a drop of morning dew after a 5-7 day deadline?  Writing a week long drama of  100 pages is savagery in it's powder form. It looks fine but it's all crushed pieces of rock.

I do admire people who were born with zen around them, who make soap writing look like cutting flowers on a prairie. I would love for me to look like that because who doesn't like a thing of beauty? But for me, the labanderas really don't go there and emerge from it unscathed. It just demands too much from you emotionally and psychologically, and it can get ugly and fucked up at times but it is oh so rewarding when it ends and your down to the last few sequences. It's a redemption, a light at the end of the tunnel that makes writing almost orgasmic. And I guess that's where the freshness comes, internally. Haha. Externally? Nah, not the popular route for me and I have to learn that art since i usually get two big nodes mother-daughter zits under my chin after every deadline and it gets bigger when my period is looming. It's volcanic really.

Ah but December was really kind to me. I had a few deadlines and no eruptions on my face. It gave way to meaningful time with the family and small miracles like nice selfies? Haha. But the best ones are beach Mondays with random trips up north. I'd have to expound on it the next time. For now, here's a few sunsets  I've chased this month.


Montemar Beach in Bataan
Paoay Sand Dunes in Ilocos Norte
Pug-os Beach in Cabugao, Ilocos Sur
Paoay Lake

Sunsets are God's way of telling us that we can always reflect on the day spent and then He'll give us a new lease to be fresh again minus the chasing part. Ain't life so wicked and grand at the same time?

Comments

Popular Posts