Saturday and Chicago

Manay,

I was so tired last night. I felt like my bones gave up on me but my brain says fuck you all kaya sunod naman ang mga palamuning bones ko sa brain. Alam mo yun. I have stuff to finish pa kasi. I came in the cafe at 3pm on a Friday and I came out on a Saturday at 2am. Friday night just passed me by on a busy and hip T. Morato district. I told you i work like a horse when i'm writing. 178 pages of work to be exact. Juice colored.

So right now I am not going to do anything except to stare at my tummy and maybe fart a few times. That's my lazy shit self talking but I am here right now writing this. I had the time to watch Manchester by the Sea-- liked it but not that much. Liked it enough to want to see what happens next to Lee's life. Liked it that i was moved to tears but i would chuck it for Moana or Up in the Air.
Come to think of it, Lee's state of mind in that film is a bit of  what I am doing and feeling at the moment.

And then I suddenly thought of our Chicago trip. It feels good to walk in downtown Chicago. It feels like New York only sober and washed up? That's me the tourist who was there for only 6 days but that's the impression. I still love New York though.  CHicago's main city is interesting---  a river runs through the city  so it feels fresh amidst the bustling city proud buildings. The air is cool and everything looks nice but not too perky nice.  Gusto ko bumalik at maglakad lakad ulit.

from the architectural tour ferry

from the sea wharf, a view of the city

from the skydeck

This one is in Millenium Park where a bit of the Bean is peeking through. The Bean is a nice and relaxing piece of work really. Nakakatuwa siya. Ang sarap niyang tignan at makasama for a good 30 minutes.




Usually pag lumalabas ako ng bansa, mahilig lang ako maglakad or umupo at tumingin tingin. Pumunta punta ng museum at syempre kumain. Minsan observe observe at eavesdrop ng mga utaw na hindi katulad ko. Pero more on lakad at visual feelings ang habol ko. Feelings pa rin ang hari. More than anything gusto kong may maramdaman be it nega or whatever pero syempre di ba mas bet yung relaxing happy feelings.  Ayun lang naman. Wala akong maramdaman ngayon kundi ang creeping back pain and protruding puson. 

Comments

Popular Posts