Muni sa 35


Goodness, my birthday just passed me by. I'm 35 dear. It sounds so mature and for the first time in my life I am a bit hesistant to say it out loud. I'd be more ok if it was 36 or 37 but 35 seems a bit of an odd number, literally and existentially speaking.  35 feels so tiyahin and cupcakes for me, not that they're bad ha pero alam mo yun eh... alam mo, manay.

I feel I am in the middle of the 30's 'don't-fuck-with-me' feels yet somehow the 22 year old pangs of delight and mixed insecurity is still evident. I'm glad I can still feel the 18 year old wild abandon me coming to terms with my 35year old self, but my 18year old is what makes me stubborn. Dami kong kuda sa edad.

I still feel 22 really. Thank God, I am in good health. I do miss my 25 inch waistline from time to time but heck, I can still get away with an XS sa Cotton on and not look feelingerang Aussie-surfer. Fitting in to small sized dresses without much exercise is a blessing indeed. Totoo. Pero kapag pinapila ka sa pregnant section ng MRT, parang inatake na ang buong pagkatao mo (which happened to me a few years ago). Alam mo yun? You begin to notice these little mundane things in life that make life worth living.

But the 35th made its presence felt. It was a Black Saturday. Patay ang Diyos. I woke up with a heavy pain in my stomach like I was having dysmenorrhea.  Ano bang gusto niya sabihin, manay? Umayos ako? Ganun? The day came by typing out thank yous to facebook greetings which seems to be a bit sad no? I would have liked to see these faces hugging and greeting me in person, really. But patay ang Diyos on that day and the world has to move on from my birthday really. The following day Easter had me trooping to the mall to get me a nice manicure, yes, a sweet little treat for myself.

A week after, labada came pouring in like cats and dogs. And look at my manicure now.


It seems like she's holding on for her dear life. These are the signs of my labada days--- dry pulled out cuticles and skin due to stress, chipping black nails and a Starbucks with 2 and half shots of espresso to keep me running. Oh and the blasted letter J on my Geng. Plus me writing here when I am supposed to furiously work to my deadline!  Let's do 35 manay. Let's keep it running and pumping.



Comments

Popular Posts