Fluff

I got myself in Osaka a few weeks before my birthday just to see these famed seasonal humble divas. It was a much needed vacation from my teleserye writing and of course, a birthday treat to myself.  Do I have to say they are beautiful? Yes they are and they deserve every letter of that word. Especially when they're clumped up in groups and their color is a white-washed hue of pink.

There are pinks alright but the ones I like are the faintest ones, like a dab of soft blush against an immaculate white petal.  They are so divine and non chalant as if they don't have to prove their beauty to anyone. They're the thirty something bad ass sakura girls. Oh, these are the pink ones, they're still beautiful and no one can deny that. These are the twenty something sakura girls in my book haha.



The blossoms are best matched with Japan's cool sweater weather on very clean serene parks. You just have to sit down, feel them hover around you and do nothing (stop muna with the selfie) because that's how it is. Unbusyness is the new black. Zen feels, ganern.

There is nothing profound really but it feels like a nice fluffy dream. I feel girly all over. Lakas maka-essence of a woman. And next to seeing a child smile, the sakura at its best comes second to that.  Ganun siya. Kaya niyang maka-fill up ng half empty glass na bahagi ng buhay mo. But really, they're just a bunch of flowers no? Nature has it's own power over us weary humans walking this earth. So here's hoping that by staring at these photos i snapped of the girls, you'd feel good about them too.



These are the first few sakura sightings we had over at the Osaka Castle. There were not a lot of cherry blossom trees that came to bloom since it was the first few days of April.



This is the most flamboyant tree I saw around Osaka Castle at that time between April 1-  April 3 i think. Everyone was going crazy over this one. She's an early bloomer. My friend said she didn't get the memo that they had to bloom in groups.


See, siya lang ang nagmamaganda sa paligid. All the rest were just twigs and branches.





This one is near a river in Okawa. Not everyone is out but can you just imagine if all of them bloomed furiously no? People hang out under them and it's a nice spot in Osaka for some hanami(viewing) since the trees stretch up to a mile.



 This is around April 4-5 in Arashiyama Park in Kyoto area going to the Bamboo Forest. They are everywhere and just so pretty

  








This is around April 7 when I got back around Osaka Castle a day before we left. They're in full bloom at that time. I was under a sky of full flowers and I just had to stop, sit down and marvel at these beauties for some time because I just had to. This is the part where the metaphor just takes you over... where the half empty becomes full once again.
 




That's a few of the best parts of my sakura trip. Someday, I wouldn't have to break an arm just to travel and see them. There's a local cherry blossom tree in Palawan and my Dad said it is much better than Japan's sakura, it's called balayong.  Imagine that lining up EDSA or in some local street? I guess, road rage would be lessened and our sensibilities would be so much different... but in another time, Manay.  Let's see. Japan is really nation goals kahit sa pabulaklak man lang.

PS.

Can you believe i stumbled upon these near a train station. Ugh.


How can you not stop and look at them and not move on with your busy life with a smile plastered on your face? Di ba?



Comments

Popular Posts