Slave rewards plus

I love rewards especially when given by thyself. Kasi hindi talaga biro ang magtrabaho. Kahit gusto mo ang ginagawa mo madaming shit ang nagpi-pile up sa 'yo. At ikaw lang ang nagiincur nun sa sarili mo (like puyat, walang ligo) or paminsan naturally (like serious backaches). But hey, i am not complaining since i get to reward myself at the end of 2-3 weeks of slaving away in front of my laptop.

These rewards are not based on anything, sometimes they are on a whim and sometimes its the first things you see or feel when you step out of the house or step in a mall. haha.
Ako, pagkatapos ng labada (er, pagsusulat) ayokong nagpupunta ng mall kasi malaki siyang temptation sa akin. Kaso i like to give myself the reward to watch movies! Kaso yun nga lang it comes with the backlash of consumerism-- hala, dampot dito dampot dun ng kung ano-ano na hindi mo naman kailangan talaga pero dahil you have it in your auto pilot to reward yourself then it feels fuckin great no?! kahit pa dumampot ka ng binhi ng halaman sa supermarket. Aanhin mo ang halaman?! Eh may gubat kayo sa bahay?! See? You see? The dilemma of the deprived or the not so deprived but feeling deprived. So here are some stuff for the one who slaved away...

Sweets
Number one on the list is chocolates. Yes. Need i say why this is the best reward ever? It lifts you, takes you places where no one can, very handy and simply a thrill.  And this one is from one of my favorites-- Machiavelli chocolates. I am from QC and i travel for these in the same way i did for the Lala slabs in Makati way way back.


 

Accesories
I love burloloy. When i put them on my neck, my ears of wherever, i am reminded that i am unique and it is ok to be magulo and to have burloloy around you. It adds some zing to the outfit and much more to my inner being which i can't figure out what. So i got me 2 necklaces on sale from Accesorize. Dati umiiwas ako doon eh bilang napaka-mahal nila for fancy jewelry but lately i've been spotting some 70% off items on their rack. So off i go in and took some.



New Food.
One fine day after finishing work, i had my feet and mind  glued to buy really nice pans for the kitchen. So napatingin ako sa Gourdo's at ayun wala akong nai-uwing kaserola, instead itong gourmet tinapa ang nilantakan ko bilang sobrang na-curious ako sa lasa niya. Masarap naman!




And with new food in comes a new food joint for me. This is from Chihuahua,  a not so new Mexican hang out joint somewhere in the Makati touristy district. And by hang out, it means you can really hang out. I got there with a group of people playing poker and then there are slow board games to kill time. The place is casual cool and the food is good too, they also serve mixed cocktails and booze. The general ambience is chill out in a barkada way not in the coffeeplace way. And i think they're open until dawn to accomodate the after gimik crowd.



Hot sauce library
funny writings on the CR wall


Shoes.
Shoes, especially high heeled ones, really cut it for women who want to be rewarded. I don't get to wear them everyday (or even once a week) but the thought of having them just makes it more wanting. What is it with women and their shoes no? So this one i got on sale from Payless. I have been eyeing them for more than 3 months but when the sale sign came on them, i knew it was a sign to grab them now and fast.


And lastly that BATHTUB.
I don't own one. I have never been inside a bath tub. I have been to hotels that have them but i never had been in one for some basic shit that i am going to waste water with it.. but still i told myself i will have to get in one someday and actually waste precious water. So far, I feel this is the biggest indulgence i have made in my life. To get a massage in a room with a bath tub. I get to soak in them for at least 30 minutes and my God, i feel like i have checked something on my bucket list. It feels good to dip naked in it with some bubbles boozing over you... plus the candles. Probably some Ray Charles steaming from somewhere? haha. yes the good life and its inside a bath tub. Still at the back of my mind, i wish they'd put my bodied water to some use after it. 


So these are some stuff that gave me joy, some material things that transformed the slave to a queen. Rewards are good and life affirming even if for only a moment. I thank God that i have been given these to savor. Yes to slaving, yes to rewarding oneself and yes to me moments!

Comments

  1. I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme.
    Did you design this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?
    Plz answer back as I'm looking to design my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. thank you

    Check out my webpage: affordable appliance repair tampa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, it's a blog design template on blogspot. i didn't hire anyone to design it. thanks for appreciating it. :-)

      Delete
  2. spam. the more you reply, the more they come :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts