Fanning the Noranian in me

Yes. Di lang siguro obvious pero I heart Nora Aunor! I don't really exactly know why, how and when did this adulation came about. You see I also love Lea Salonga but i can tell you exactly why, how and when did my love for her came about but not for Nora, certainly not her.

So warning, this is a pure Nora Aunor thing. If you are a Vilmanian-- what the hell are you doing here?! Joke lang. This is just what comes out of my mind about the greatness that is Nora Aunor in my system.

Perhaps i've heard  a first hand story about her during my theatre days-- she went to a first reading rehearsal without a script in tow. Everyone of her theatre co-actors then were dumbfounded not because she didn't bring a script to a reading rehearsal but because she has memorized all of it on a reading rehearsal!! I don't really know if that story were true but then that image struck me. I imagined her too well.

And then another story sort of an urban legend thing in Peta where in came a scene in a play where she turned her back and heard a shocking news, one could note that you could feel the drama even she hasn't faced the audience yet kitang kita daw kahit sa likod ng siko ang pain sa narinig niyang balita. How much more if she turned to face the audience and look at her eyes. I mean, if you can convey such strong emotions without even facing your audience then what the hell are you?! Yes, you are Nora Aunor.  Obviously, i am biased and i hold her up high.

I have little known tidbits about Nora actually so i can't be claimed an ultimately crazed Noranian and be a member of the GANAP (Grand Alliance of Nora Aunor Philippines. San ka pa? Parang partido lang di ba?) wherein you have to take pa daw a quiz about facts of her life. The usual fact i knew was that she had a number of adopted kids. The Guy and Pip tandem. The doll named Maria Leonora Teresa something. The 'my brother is not a pig' and that Hayup! Hayup! Hayuuuup! which is a really nice acting piece if you have seen the actual clip where she told it to Lolita Rodriguez. I am also fascinated that this girl who broke all standards of beauty back then was just someone who sold water at the railtracks.

I felt genuine honor that Preview featured her on their magazine which i think is a stroke of brilliance and class! Preview gave the feel of Vogue for featuring a legend and not just another pretty face in thin bodies swamped with signature goods. Nora Aunor is almost like a label. She is her own Louis Vuitton and all the other name and surname brands that we hold to high heavens.  And this is a dump on wannabee fashionistas who think they are what they are because they project it. Lo and behold a real actress, sheer talent na as they say di pinag-aralan.



Honestly, I can't even remember if i sat to watch a complete film of hers. I know the plot of Himala, Minsan Isang Gamo-gamo and Bona but i can't remember if iv'e seen them but still the impact on me cannot be questioned.  I haven't seen her but i guess I would gasp at the sight of her. Hold my breathe for a minute of being in the same space with her. And if properly introduced I would really hug her and thank her for being such a source of ultimate admiration. For being such  master of conveying emotions and of fine acting prowess that would earn a spot alongside Meryl Streep. She is simply a rockstar. And rockstars have covers like this in black and white holding a cigarette as seen in YES magazine (which i bought and did not let my Lola arbor it from me!).

I would love to see the outcome if Annie Leibovitz would take her as subject.

It must be the hype i guess, her brandishing a title-- a superstar! I could not believe myself that i was almost in tears when i read of an article that she was coming back to her beloved home. Nora is such a legend and a thing of the past that has always kept her acting glory in high esteem. Actually, i've never really heard of any young actress today who emulates her and sees her as a favorite. I can't blame them though, perhaps they haven't done enough research. Well, i don't do research about her too like a fan but i share something that fellow Noranians do-- a love for her powerful art of on screen emotion, the msytery, the hullabaloo and everything that she is! Can you feel me there?

Comments

  1. Simply well said. I agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. exactly! di ako fan ni Nora pero gustong-gusto siya ng nanay ko. kaya sa bwisit ko para patunayang hindi magaling si Nora at katulad lang siya ng ibang artista ay nanood ako ng Himala. at di ko namalayan ay umiyak na lang ako bigla samantalang si Nora ay hindi pa umiiyak sa eksena. at dahil doon...isa na kong Nora fan. grabe, napakahusay na aktres!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Di ko alam kung anong majic meron yan si Nora Aunor, Walang sinumang tatalo sa galing at husay ng Superstar. I love her so much till i die....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sa murang edad ay si Nora Aunor lang ang kinagiliwan naming panoorin sa tv at pelikula ,noong ako'y nasa elementarya hindi ko pa alam kung talagang mahusay siya bilang aktres subalit sa aking pagsubaybay sa bawat pelikula nya sa bawa't taon ay naging saksing buhay ako sa kung paano siya unti unting kinilala sa larangan ng sining at pag arte.Kinakitaan ko ng galing si Nora Aunor sa Bakekang , at bilang isang malaking artista ay hindi sya nag dalawang isip tanggapin ang papel na malayo sa kanyang mga papel na ginampanan. Nasa sekondarya ako ng tinanggap ko ng maluwag sa aking sarili na isa akong Noranian dahil nalulong na ako sa mundo ni Nora , hindi pwedeng hindi ko mapanood ang mga palabas nya sa telebisyon, gaya ng Makulay Na Daigdig Ni Nora, bukod sa Superstar show niya kada Linggo ng gabi. Sa lahat ng pelikulang ginawa ni Nora Aunor ang pelikulang Ina Ka Ng Anak mo kasama ang dakilang aktres na si Lolita Rodriguez ang talagang tumatak sa isipan ko kung gaano kahusay ang Superstar sa larangan ng pag arte , kaka ibang lebel ng pag ganap ang ipinamalas ng Superstar at sa edad niyang iyon at hindi sya nagpaiwan sa pag gaganap sa dakilang artistang si Lolita Rodriguez . Mula noon ay lalo pa akong pinahanga ni Nora Aunor sa bawat pag labas niya sa mga pelikula kaya't hindi na ako nagtataka kung bakit siya kinilalang " The Greatest Actress of All Time"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts