Indulging days

It's been 4 days. I feel free. haha. I think i went through a burn out stage just this month. I dread facing the computer but now i think it's ok. I don't want to think or even do something. What happened?

I went on a binge of sorts. Sleeping and feeling the momol weather with my sheets though not in the mood to make out. but that is another story. So I have resolved to buy nice sheets but they can be so expensive. They have these threadcount thing that only my mother told me it's value of. Ah the bed can be a long lost friend, might as well indulge in it.

Indulge, i love that word. Like a surrender to something you really deserve. A plunge to something that will embrace you for all your faults. Yeah, like nice sheets and chocolate. It is something i have been lacking the past few months of this year even if i had a vacation. I guess i had to make up for it.

INDULGENCE #1: I was hoping to see this years offering of the Virgin Labfest but my gahd, the tickets are all sold out. A good sign but it sucks for me since i have always been an audience of that since the first installment and now i can't even get a chance ticket. I even auditioned in one and I almost made the cut. The thing is, i called the CCP for tix and they said it was sold out but still i pushed. I guess i missed CCP that's why i still trooped there knowing that there won't be in it for me. I miss CCP-- that great bastion of culture and the arts, the old rust colored interiors, the nice restrooms, the chandeliers and Huseng Batute. I still have my dream of performing there.

INDULGENCE #2: We went to this nice and small Italian resto in Makati that was recommended by a friend--VA BENE. It's on a Petron Station in Arnaiz cor EDSA. It is cooped up with the usual rich people surrounding the Makati area. I guess these are the San Lo Village and the Forbes Park people. The food is sooo good and they serve wine. The place can be really packed for a place so small especially on weekend nights.  I wish of more quaint uncommon quaint restos like these.

Va Bene an Esquire' magazine's top resto

ravioli

arugula with fried foie gras and caramelized apples
Parang pinitas lang na dahon-dahon sa tabi.

yummy in black and cream
Ito ang panalo. Mukhang kumplikado pero simple sa panlasa. Makes you want to thank God for creating tastebuds.

home made profiteroles
I'm not even sure of the spelling or even the pronounciation but who cares when this is on your mouth.  This is one their best deserts.

INDULGENCE #3:  Retail. I am again back to my usual palda ways. Well, di naman siya nawala. hehe. I reinforced it with more. And i swear, I am not gonna buy cheapo bags that deteriorate after a year or so. 2 of my trusted work bags are now in the agnas stage. They are shedding skin and i hate it! So i've been on a hunt for nice cheap leather bags and i got one from Zalora-- A Cuzo cow leather satchel. It's a bit small when it came but then it's cute.

Right now, I am saving up for a splurge bag. Not so big on bags though but i want something to mark my 30th year. A gift to thyself for being here in this age, not jaded in some ways, tired, inspired and always looking forward to something more.

INDULGENCE #4: I'm starting to read a book again. I hope i finish it too. I have this non fiction thing Fifty Shades of Grey which a friend recomended. It's ok but did not make a good impression on me in its first few lines: I scowl with frustration at myself in the mirror--- at na-turn off agad ako. hehe. Well, teenage angst and a bit corny lang for my taste but we'll see; I just like my first salvo not too in your face and with a bit of imagination. On the good side at least i made it up to chapter 5 not unlike in Twilight. Sana hindi ako mangilo dahil may tendency ang libro na ito in terms of storytelling. If it doesn't work for me then i guess that is it while i still have some other few stuff to read and marvel at.


***

Indulgence is to waste it in full abandon with the ones you treasure the most. And for a mudra like me, kids. They grow up too fast. I don't want to miss that for the world.






Comments

Popular Posts