Senior moments


The first thing that came to mind when i saw him was a line from a Billy Joel song--Sing us a song, you're the piano man. Sing us a song tonight. Dadadada.  This is the old piano man in Rockwell who had stopped our tracks one rainy weekend. He had upbeat pieces that aren't familiar perhaps classics from people way older than him? Then he made his way to the usual Sunday Filipino staples like Kailang Ko'y Ikaw.  The old man is passion on display. I wish malls would have something like these, just to inspire and just for one consumerist day you'd appreciate a nice piece of art and music. Yeah, culture, something like that. I am reminded of this Howie Severino docu on an old violinist playing on a public market. And people love it. An elite instrument played in the most masa of all places, a palengke. I just love it. 


Another senior triumph is that of Eddie Garcia in Cinemalaya's Bwakaw. He's old all right but he isn't one to bog down. He proved again that good actors don't just fade with their wrinkles, they polish in time and they just naturally shine. And he won as Best Actor for the film. Coincidentally, the film tackles the life of an old gay man and his dog.

Eddie Garcia with his younger fans

I also have my usual senior moments of course with my Nanay. I kinda grew up with her. I just love taking her out to see new places like the Rockwell mall (haha), new restos and treating her to Pinoy movies that i don't normally watch. What is it with our lolas noh?



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts