Birthday Trip

My M just turned 4. She's been hounding me the past few weeks that she wants to go to the beach.  Well, we're on the same boat since i subconsciously hound myself too for a day or two on the beach. The last beach place i went to was in Koh Phangan around June but my feet didn't even touch the water since i was still a laborer on my official vacation. I vowed to get back at that voluntary injustice. nyahaha. Wait, i did get to touch the water but only to pee and i had to dash out from it since every body was peeing there too! Lasing ako nun at maarte lang.

So after clearing with the boss and with just a day to decide, i reserved an overnight stay in Virgin Beach in Laiya. Lucky enough to get a room since it's not the usual beach month and the day is warm. Perfect!



I've been to Laiya in 2 different resorts but i think Virgin Beach topped it all. The place is peaceful, lots of space with nice trees, and it has this nice sweeping air about it. It is very simple and quite luxe with no hint of eyesore.

steps leading to the casitas

lone low tree
one of those bed parasols you can sleep on

And no videokes allowed which i really like. No TV as well which is fine by me, you just have to go out and reconnect with the beach and the ones you're with.  I was looking up another resort, also in Laiya, but there was just too much going on, (pools, slides and recreation area, 4 floors) it feels complete yet cramped.   This is as natural as it gets since there was no swimming pool which I was happy about so the kids  could go more au naturel with the beach as their playground.




Actually, I've seen this beach resort from a local film, Here Comes the Bride (Eugene Domingo and Angelica Panganiban). The movie was hilarious! What caught me, too, was the location; I was impressed with the look of the beach just from the movie and made a mental note to check the place. And lo, i was so right. My little girl liked the place so much that she woke me up during the night just to tell me with silent smile and a sigh--- Mama, ang ganda ng beach. I can say that she thanked me enough for that and that she had a happy birthday. That beats my slack for not giving her a birthday party or (gasp!) even a cake to blow her candle on her birthday.  She was up and giddy before 6am since to have a morning swim.


Hopefully, we'll come back this time with friends or visiting relatives. I just love how we can have nice beaches here and have that aha moment in every place. I guess the kids are alright here and so is the Mum.



Indeed, to feel the sand on your back, the sun on your face, the shrieks of delight from the kids and to have that de kwatro stance is such a grand thing. That and the spunk to be in a swimsuit, cellulites and all. I feel like it's also my birthday.

 

Comments

  1. love love love the pics! happy birthday to you both ;p where is laiya? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks phyl! Laiya is in Batangas. i hope you could go there with your family. Very nice :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts