Ruby Sparks

So today was a busy day in a sitting down kind and questioning thyself kind of way. I wouldn't want to expound but that is what happened to me. I sat down for a good a couple of hours and not doing my labada but something else. Something for the ego and the worth of thyself in this place i hurled myself into. And i prayed and did some side online shopping. Ha! Hell, i need to get out.

I went to see Ruby Sparks in Trinoma upon the recommendation of a co-worker/friend. Not much people lining up for today since the last deluge that was The Mistress. John Lloyd-Bea with a controversial thing equals cult congregation on the movie house. John Lloyd has a cult following and that includes moi. But it's getting boring.

Anyway, Ruby Sparks is cute, engaging and quite funny. It's well acted and smartly written romantic comedy that makes it so cute and relatable even if it's unbelievable. It has this 500 Days of Summer feel to it.



The film is about this phenomenal young writer who can't seem to write another phenomenal book. He dreams of this girl and starts to write about her and soon, in the most stranger than fiction kind of way, she pops up in his life. She is real and she becomes Ruby Sparks-- the perfect girlfriend and object of his affection. He can dictate the actions and feelings of his girlfriend just by writing what she would do and feel. Soon we discover that the young writer has personal relationship issues with himself and how he wants everything to be the way he wants to be. But if he can control the girl of his dreams then he wouldn't have to fuck up this time? Too easy for him.

On a side note, do you daydream of your perfect boyfriend or girlfriend and how she/he would be? I have always done that and they always changed from time to time. My most in demand imaginary boyfriend would be the chef who knows how to whip Eric Clapton guitar licks.  And that we would meet in a wine tasting event like the ones i covered before during my PA days in Studio 23. He would teach me how to distinguish wine and its taste. We would spit in each others tub and i would look at his spit and see animals forming from it. He would laugh because he finds that weird. Then he suddenly takes notice of my spit in the tub and he would say that my spit is forming a country. I spit out China. And we would laugh and break away from each other since i have work to do. And he would ask for my number and he'd be glad to invite me to another affair like that minus the spitting part. The one where we would just sit down, drink and not spit. Or something like that...






 

Comments

Popular Posts