Breather Feb


I literally took breaths in and out whilst far and away. I had a hectic January which doesn't really sound hectic knowing you're strapped in your work chair at home. So the moment i stopped, off i hopped to the van with my road kumpare Sergio Mendes' tunes seeping into my bones. After a few mas que nadas the next  was the nearest tropical place --- where i just breathed, savored, lazed around and just be still and do nothing. Ergo: I escaped to the beach.


 
 

Banak House in Calatagan was the chosen one. There are two places to stay, the yellow and blue house, the latter being the smaller for 2-3 pax.  I found it on the internet, it doesn't come really as cheap as i want but you get 2 houses for 11K overnyt plus additional 3K for the insurance stuff which will be refunded. No hotel stuff like free towels and bring your own food since the cooking stuff is provided anyways.

 
 

The house is really nice, shabby old chic. It's not like a sprawling villa or anything, more like a humble beach house with a really wide veranda... plus a beach front! I like the rustic feel of it, no fancy shmancy pools, high end decor, colored lights and tacky tiles. Just wood, seashells, some vintage mariner stuff and those bara-bara paint strokes of white, yellow and blue---somewhat Greek, a bit of Spanish with old Filipino touches. I really liked the house especially that it is not gated in the beach front and you could see the glory that is offered by the perfect sunset.

 
 

 Finally, I could really feel my hair down with a cold Cerveza in tow as my muscles settle in this nice home with style. And because of that i suddenly had this aching yearn in my gut to buy myself a beach house and build myself one like this. I asked the kids to buy me one when i grow old or pray that i get rich enough to buy one. hehe.


The sea is not exactly amiable to swimmers or floaters. The Calatagan side is calm and half of the day is on low tide but still i liked the place because of the house. It was the most welcome respite and the house in itself is a getaway. The place would be perfect for old lovers to rekindle, for distant friends to catch up, for mothers to laugh with their daughters, or hang around with a young girl and discuss to her about life in general--which i did by the way.


I look forward to another breather month. Things will heat up soon anyweek now at least i did some things, like watch a movie with the lola and took myself out to wear a one piece without much ado, or basically zoning out of nowhere. Now, i'm beginning to dislike not finding time to do nothing.  



Comments

Popular Posts