Newbie Chronicles #3-- The Washi tape project

Glad to have tried something new this breather February and that my dear is the colorful, sticky world of Washi tapes. I have daydreamed of it last month but i was too much on a roll to lift my finger and dip into it. Then I found this article on a local paper about people collecting washi tapes--coincidence eh, since i don't have any idea where to find one. I read in that article that one of my college batch mate, who was featured in it, recommends Hey Kessy. So i did my thing and at 2am on some random dawn in February, i bought my first 10 rolls of tape. I was so thrilled kahit scotch tape lang naman yun na binudburan ng magic!
It arrived in brown paper looking like this.




I guess it is timely for some craft play since i let out M's art projects in play school. I used the top of my shoe cabinet as a shelf for all the marvel comics, favorite fashion glossies and kiddie hard books. And to add to the aha factor,  I hung up the paper projects on a sampayan i made and called it the Art Sampayan. Bagong bago! Pinag-isipang mabuti! What else to call it di ba? Naisip ko pa siya tawaging the Hanging Art Noveau, masabi lang na french at artsy, eh hamak na sampayan lang naman siya sa totoong buhay. So dedma na--Art Sampayan it is!


Back to the Washi tapes na connected naman sa Art Sampayan-- the first two things i did after feeling giddy over it was to make something to put up on our Art Sampayan. Yehes. Naipasok. Simple lang naman.  M and O helped me out in making them but of course, they went astray at naglaro sa gilid. And here they are hanging on for their dear life in my so called Art Sampayan.



The next project had to be something serious. At first hindi ko alam kung paano ba seryosohin ang washi tape project.... and eureka! The opportunity presented itself. I saw my 2 wooden faded dolls hanging in between the shelf (ginawa ko kasi siyang book ends pero fail). Nabili ko sila noon sa Japanese Surplus.


Balak ko talagang i-spray paint sila ng plain black or white para maiba lang. But the Washi tape was clamoring for something more cutesy. Ang sabi ng doll na Sharonian-- balutin mo ako ng hiwaga ng iyong washi tape. At nadarang ako...pumili ako ng dalawang design ng washi tape para sa kanya.

the polka dot and the flower girl
 And here goes the make over.



At mukha na siyang Scandinavian fixture sa gilid ng mga libro! Ganda! At serious in a play aspect. hehe. I'm proud of this transformation. Sabi nga ng isang mali-maling motown lyrics--cha-cha-change.. change is cool. (ang tama kasi is cha-cha-chain.. chain of fools ni Manay Aretha Franklin)
Ikaw, have you tried to create something new and silly for change?










Comments

Popular Posts