the week that was

I'm on a tail end of something lately so that means more crunch time. But I'm glad there are other highlights in my life other than labada that I am truly thankful and greatful for being thrown at me.

I've had two consecutive Saturdays of celebrating friends and their new babies being part of the Catholic/Christian community. Ah, the affairs that you go to when you're in your 30's.


Tapos na ang era ng pag attend ng mga kasal, binyag naman. But good Lord, no lamay reunions please. I'm quite liking this new phase in all of our lives--- life celebrations, talks of business dealings, tax computations and life insurance.  Parang kailan lang we used to talk about shit stuff like pink bra straps, pinoy henyo at mga pimples sa likod. But i still like talking about shit stuff and blowing them up in big stories. Syempre bukod sa chikahan, gusto ko ding mag shut down. As in walang gagawin, tatambay, mag-iisip at magpe-people watch, sometimes i judge in my mind, make up stories on why he/she chose that shoe to wear for the day .


My friend Z took us to this nice quiet place somewhere in Makati-- Toby's estate. I immediately liked the chairs and succulents plus the NY cafe feel. I like the idea of comic books and unpopular magazines for you to feed on while munching away or thinking about your next dominion.  And this is where i did nothing. I feel that its' a rebellion of sorts to the tons of things i have to do. Yeah, i revolt against the system i made for myself if ever there was one. I love defying it and after a few hours, i slowly cower back to it like some prodigal robot. Today that i am writing here is an actual strike! Ha! Eat dust for now deadlines!

Of course, one big highlight is meeting Nora Aunor.  I even call it the miracle of affirmation. When you believe or say it somehow, it will truly happen. Sometimes you can't believe it actually happened.



I was at the premiere showing of Jun Lana's Barber's Tales (which is one brilliant film, by the way) Then i heard some commotion at the front that Nora Aunor just arrived to watch. I got jolted since i really liked and loved her. I feel so honored at the fact that we are in the same cinema and that we breathe the same air. I told R that I have to meet her. This is the only venue to meet her up close and I know i will.  But at the end of the film, there was a swarm around that area where she was, press and light bulbs and all that showbiz brouhaha i am a bit allergic to. I said to myself--- today is not the day.

So I got out but I was still whispering to myself that I have to meet Nora. I want to see her. And then when i got out of the parking lot, she was there, sans the whole showbiz trappings. The people's national artist in pure checkered vision. Small, humble but very powerful in aura. I cannot contain this unicorn moment anymore. My feet gave way like some involuntary reflex to go after her. And then I forgot what I told her but i know it was pure admiration. I hugged her and she hugged me back.  I almost cried for i felt the sincerity of her muscles and that it's ok to hug someone like me.
No words but thank you and humble bows. So there. haha. I got back to our car very much under a Noranian spell. Somehow, i want to be a better artist because of that moment, like she rubbed a little bit of her genius in me... or baka wala naman? Baka maarte lang ako at pa-deep. bwahahahah.

And there. I have to get back. Now I feel good and on a rah rah mood. So good I want to be a national artist. Pota. Delusional. Eh bakit ba? :-)










Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts