I heart Japan

I can't even begin to describe how i love this country. There are so many things popping in my head on why i am loving it. The people--- so courteous and very helpful at all times.  Communication isn't easy and the feeling of being at a loss in translation is actually felt. They don't speak English that much but my dear, they would go out of their way to help you and that makes it easier all the time. Sometimes, it's not the language that connects, it is the purest of intention.

Shibuya
The place-- Tokyo is pulsating, vibrating and not just in the main city hub but also in its most serene parks. It's a good time in November since the cold is biting gently and the trees are in a frenzied hue of oranges, yellows and reds. They call it Momiji. Ahh, it's like gentle sweep of fire on cold winds. Like a months long beach sunset growing on trees. Beautiful, powerful and perfect. 



Add caption

I'm not into reds but it does look good sprawled nicely on leaves. It's so ironic that the strong color fires up but it makes me want to sit down on a stone and write a haiku. It has that calming effect on me.  I think Momiji season is male in its vulnerable form as compared to the flurry of pink cottons that is the Sakura or the cherry blossom season come March-April.

If you're into Japanese food and salmon then this is heaven and just as ok budget-wise. Most of the meals cost around 1000 yen below which is roughly 380 pesos. Cheapest finds with superb quality are at the market in Tsukiji based on our hunt. 





If I was a third world country personified, I would aspire to be Japan. Modern and classy, quirky and chaotic at times. Busy-noisy with a quiet-calm permeating through every friekin sensibility. 
Down to earth but with a head up high on it's own identity. It's sort of a bipolar place laid in the best way possible. It has charmed its way into me without even trying to. And I think I am convincing myself to go back here... which i would, hopefully.


Comments

Popular Posts