2:52 am and things got a bit emotional

Bakit ba tuwing mag aalas tres ng umaga sa gitna ng labada makakaramdam ako ng feels?  Ganito yan, bumisita lang ako sa Ninang ko. Usual chikahan lang na parang hindi kami nagkita for the last 6 years or so.

And then when we got to see each other again, life gave and had us on so many things. I gained two kids already while she lost weight and a few of her innards so as to prevent her cancer from spreading. Shet, cancer na naman. Leche talaga. Di namin masyado pinag-usapan iyon, more on chika lang kami as she watched my kids scream in delight.

It was a tale of  two maladies right there, M who just finished with her chemo a few days ago. And her, my Ninang, who will undergo her first chemo next week. I think she felt good seeing M feeling like an ordinary kid after months of chemo. M was the finished product of what will be for her--- a bald kid, squealing in delight and picking a fight with her brother. She could be a kid again like M when things go through, it's a new life after all? It's a good sight for chemo starters, i guess. But i don't know anything and i don't want to assume.

Honestly, paano ka ba chi-chika ng sakit na you won't feel as if you're holding her hand bago siya tumalon sa isang deep unkown chasm. It's not like we're talking about the weather here. It's a threat to life for chrissakes but I'm glad she opened up about it.

When we left, I gave her a big hug and kiss. Ang kapalit nun ay isang bote ng dampalit atsara na siya ang gumawa at kumot mula sa norte ng Pilipinas. And at this time, about 3am with head buzzing on some deep shit writing, she sent me facebook message.

She asked for my email address so she could send me a poem--- she was inspired by my last visit. And that it was a good one.



And I asked myself, when was the last time I inspired someone just by visiting her? I got a bit emotional because of it. We live in the age of facebook and viber, and somehow inspiration and affirmation get lost in the cyber super highway.

I think we all need a good hug from time to time; small laughs and hearty kisses to get by in this life. And no, not in the likes in facebook and hearts from instagram do we get that lovin feeling. I love this lovin feelin at 3am and i have to thank facebook messenger for giving me that. 

Comments

Popular Posts