Eating summer and others

I heard from my son that her sister ate summer that's why she feels hot and warm all over.  I had to stop myself from what I was doing when i heard it; I found it very amusing, very Gabriel Garcia Marquez for someone to rationalize a lagnat or a fever because she ate a hot and humid season here in the Philippines. I smiled and tried not to correct him because i find it really magical for my kid to think that way. 

This is also the same kid who drinks shots of ampalaya juice but refuses to eat red bell peppers even after I explained to him that it's not the spicy chili kind.  The reason? He feels that he will grow dragons inside his belly and breathe fire when he eats them. Could be a lame excuse but a wild one.

I love imagination in the most Gabo or Tim Burton way. I hope he doesn't let go of it. I hope he keeps it burning and return to it if the dragons get doused someday with logical reasons grown ups are used to.


Comments

  1. Ang fertile ng imagination, nakakatuwa. Naku baka gayahin yung sa 100 Years Of Solitude pag nabasa... kumain ng lupa. :)

    I always visit your blog, ang ganda mo sumulat. Recommended by Z... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naku salamat po. ��
    Ma ilibre nga 'yang si Z.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts