Things that made the cut

These are some random things that made me appreciate my existence here on this planet. First is Bangkok. I am finally rediscovering this little Southeast Asian neighbor of ours.  I like how it's accessible (no visas for us third world beings) and fast--- a 3 hour flight is a breezy power nap and makes it cheap if you are coming from Manila.  I like how it's second skin to my country but not really since it doesn't suck as much as from where I am. (Yes, yes I know! Love your own country but I'm keeping patriotism in the bag  for now coz you do realize how ugly we are here when we've come to a nicer place.)




Food is really good and tropical weather is similar here in Manila. Malls are everywhere and topnotch. Shopping is a weeklong sport and I love it!  Beaches are ok because we have better beaches here in the Philippines.  I still love Thailand and its charm. Oh and the Thai massage!!  

Speaking of beaches in my country, Palawan is still out there being so pristine, quiet and yet never fails! My gang and I went to Port Barton in Palawan and one of the islands a few minutes off the area is Pena Plata. 



For  around 700 pesos,  one can zip around here from Port Barton and see what it means to have a real nod to a good life. A beauty that made the cut of all things rewarding. Pictures can never capture it but I can safely say I am blessed without the hashtags just by being here coz it just is.  





Comments

Popular Posts