Hold still 2024

It's been months. I've been out there doing things and things doing to me---  struggling, making it through, getting my heart broken by things and people. People do disappoint and they do it so well. What can I do about it? Wala. Human nature is a fragile beautiful thing and I have to constantly go through it.

When was the last time you cried? Mababaw ang luha ko. I may look tough as nails but my eyes well up without much ado, even a dying cat on IG punches through my throat. Ah, but the best cry is the one  by the heart slowly breaking in small nonchalant pieces--- like not hearing a thank you, not seeing a good night. Small words that hold little time yet mean so much. I am guilty too of this but my context is different. Sometimes not doing is an act bigger than the space it holds. It cuts through you seamlessly and little did you know, you are walking while your heart drips. 

Still, we hold on and move. Movement makes it easy and sews it crudely. Move until you see another drip from the last paper cut people do to your heart.    

Comments

Popular Posts