A Room with a View

Before i take another nestea plunge. Here's something that i discovered in the past few weeks. A lake in San Pablo Laguna---the Sampaloc Lake. One of the 9 lakes situated in the Laguna-San Pablo area.


It is beautiful and a bit poetic especially when viewed in the morning. What makes it more special is the fact that it greets you just outside your room.

The room view in Instagram

We had an annual gathering of writers in our block in Tahanan ni Aling Meding (a modest hotel in San Pablo).


That gathering is where we discuss, assess and plan the viewing habits on our local channel. So this isn't really a vacation but it feels like a vacation to me (haha) since our deadlines had to be stalled to give way for this event. The first day finished late and my weary body called for the double bed i had for myself. I don't really wake up early especially when i retired late but at 6am it feels like it is the right thing to do. I drew out the curtains and behold the view! It made me smile. I can almost hear the Beatles singing Here comes the Sun..durumdurum... So off i went outside to savor that morning lake feel.


And the morning was ripe for jogging which some of the locals do here. How nice! Kakainggit. Ang sarap siguro mag jogging while you look at your right and see a nice lake view. A jogging path lined with trees with a lake scene adds another dimension to the jogging public here which a treadmill lacks. But the gym is another story. I think running with a nice mother nature scene makes the human engine better. It feels like having an additional shot of endorphins. It feels... fresher and makes you feel that the world is a better place to live in or to exercise in for that matter. So I guess if i lived here I'd be jogging every morning too. In short--gusto ko nito!!



 I also took note of this kalachuchi flower in tainted red illuminated by the 6am sunlight.


It has a pentagon and another small flower inside too!


Comments

Popular Posts