Medyo Manic Monday

I was expecting work to pour in today but when i opened my email-- wala. Hindi pa ine-email ng aking bossing ang kailangan kong sulatin for the rest of the week. OK lang naman at least i get to gallivant.

So i went to the office (office daw oh! i don't really have an office-office per se bilang pakalat kalat lang kami sa Morato area) today and took my newly stickered ID, some papeles and  met up with co-writer Ken to pay for the Patalbos night come Wednesday. It's going to be THE party for us all Kapuso writers. I also instructed a surprise treat for one of our colleagues since he was feeling a little tampo on us for not attending his birthday bash.

Then i realized today is the SONA (State of the Nation Address). I'm not feeling much of it. It doesn't move a twitch in my muscle the way Cinemalaya and Eugene Domingo did in my system. Well, because they are after all words... anticipated collection of words from the highest guy in the Philippines. But i do hope it inspires the uninspired and move the unmoved-- what speeches are for eh? And as i logged on to twitter, i see that he said something nice and worthy of a quote---Personal sa akin ang paggawa ng tama. (It's personal for me to do what is right). Wow. Not too epic to hear but creates a stir. I was expecting a little bit of Martin Luther King type of speech but that sentence made me gush. So, i guess, he succeeded in his speech, let's see if he can flex his muscle thru it.

So after little thought about the President's speech and figuring out what to do next for my official lakad-- i went to the mall and did the deed--shopping and grocery. Well, i'd stress on the shopping part. I took a mental note of some shopping/loitering observation.

1. I realized my puson is in the way of my dressing. Yes, the Puson. It's a dreaded part of a mother's body and sometimes often seen in a policewoman tucked under her pencil skirt. Naka-protrude talaga sila sa mga policewoman like a small hill covered in navy blue cloth. And my puson---It has a life of it's own and it is making it's presence felt. What can i do? Mahirap siya i-flatten kahit bakliin ko pa ang likod ko kaka-sit ups.

2. A 5% off an item is not SALE. Lokohan ang tawag dun. It's just a friekin ploy to lure people into buying stuff when they take only like 20pesos off the real friekin price. Ano yun menos pamasahe? A real SALE is 50-70% off!!

3. Tea is in bloom. I think it's healthier than coffee. And they're yummy too plus you can choose the amount of sugar per drink. I've tried Gong Cha and the favorite Happy Lemon. Dinadayo ko pa sa Greenhills ang Happy Lemon na ito. Effort. Good thing i stumbled upon Gong Cha here in SM North.

Well, that's it for my medyo manic Monday. o di ba, medyo lang. A really manic Monday would be all about government stuff--SSS, LTO, BIR and all that shit.

Comments

  1. kala ko walang pasok si kal last monday kasi bagyo. yun pala sona. nung bata ako pag sona nakakakaba at pinakhihintay. nagsawa nako sa mga issues. ang pinakaimportante na lang sakin ngyn bilang mamamayn eh sweweldo ba ako o hindi pero sa mga karakarapatan nakalimutan ko na

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts