2011: Lagalag year

I had a lot of things to be greatful for the last year. It was my travel year since it was the first time i actually used my paasport.  Ako kasi lakwatsera talaga ako... literally and metaphorically (meh ganun?!) And as long as i can remember i was always out,  on the prowl, within the radar for something new or old  and take my feet to it. That's why the love for travel. I think everybody does. Sabi nila pag may asawa't anak ka na, hindi mo na daw magagawa ang mga bagay na gustong gusto mo gawin---not!

Well, mahirap maglakwatsa pag mudra ka na... its not really a top priority and  hindi madali gawin with everything else but you can't just linger on that thought na mahirap--- Eh di paghirapan. ano pa't ipinanganak ka dito sa Pinas di ba? There is always a way and it's so weird that i get to do it now in a moment of my life where i'm supposed to be not doing it. I am a late travel bloomer of the world. Hindi ko nagawang itodo ang paglalakwatsa noong dalaga ako because i was too pre-occupied with somethinge else (like shopping? bwahahaha) but now that i have enough means, why wouldn't do it? So i made a mental note to myself that once i renewed my passport there's no stopping now.

1. HongKong with the kids was a blast. Nippy cold air plus Mickey Mouse and all that progressiveness in a city that was deprived of someone like me who grew up in a third world country. and also, IKEA! The stay was quite easy because of my friend Baleleng who was so sweet to lend us her time and HK info. January of 2011 pa lang ay nagwaldas na kami sa lakwatsa but it was worth it.





2. Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam had this vibe close to my senses. Very organic and humble, it has this down trodden feel but not out.  It's not as cosmopolitan as HK but it has its own character and i like it. I feel like some parts of my soul is somewhere perched here because probably it seems like Manila with a vintage feel. I wanna come back and discover more. I had a taste but it felt like being given just one M&M and you know you haven't had it unless you had a couple more...


3. Seoul, South Korea for me was cold (literally) and distant. A friend asked me if i could live here and i said i would rather not. It's too modern for me. Or probably i haven't seen enough of its soul since 3 days there can be so short a time. or maybe because we spent so much time on shopping? hehe. But i enjoyed it and i can safely claim that once in my life i've been drunk on another country (not because of you San Mig) and was happily strolling and laughing in my winter outfit. The people are charming too. I love the food and of course the people i was with-- that would make a great travel also, your companions. It's one of the best lakwatsa i've had.



4. And of course a lagalag year wouldn't be without beach trips. And we had three all in all! Surfing in La union on a stormy weather. Lounging around the calm beach of Calatagan and of course, the always reliable Boracay. I love taking the kids to the beach. Nag-enjoy sila at the most sa Calatagan kasi friendly at kalmado ang beach. And the place we stayed had a nice pool too.







Medyo na trauma lang sila sa crashing waves ng La Union because it was full blast surfing waves on a signal number 2 kaya ayun ayaw lumapit sa tubig sa Boracay. Honestly di pa ako nakakapag-surf because of a series of unfortunate events. But i will do that! Hopefully this 2012.





Boracay was windy and sunny and then one time rainy when we went there. They just enjoyed the sand and was kinda afraid to go into its pristine waters. Maganda pa rin ang Boracay talaga. Ang sarap mag lounge around.




I'm thinking of taking them to a waterfalls naman or some ilog or batis in some province. Gusto ko ulit maligo sa ilog gaya noong kabataan ko.  At siyempre maganda ring ma experience nila yun--- maiba lang and i think it's more exciting but of course beach trips are always welcome.

Hagard mag travel with the kids but its ok because they are shaping memories of their childhood. And as any parent, you would always want to have that--- that moment when they grow up they would look back and see how happy life was for them. Up to now even as an adult i still am shaping memories with travels here and abroad and experiences that come with it, no matter how cheap and expensive they may be. So i am counting my blessings and how thankful i am for all these. Naka-todo ako last year and i'm looking forward to more travels this year-- it renews the spirit, gives you a sense of how great life is, brings you home with a smile on your face and leaves you that lasting memory. Sabi nga ng isa kong friend: Travelling is something you pay where you get rich. Indeed.

Comments

Popular Posts