Pin Board

Happy new year everyone! I am not one to list resolutions because i don't want to be tied down. But i have 2 big things on my plate this 2013-- and I am so fucking doing it.  I won't elaborate that much but those things have to be finished/ passed by April of 2013 and to be fulfilled by August of 2013.

So what's this?


This is a part of my old closet that served me in college and some years after that. It's my pin board, my own graffiti wall of all things i love and was interested about-- theatre tickets, Japanese film poster, chocolate, music. But mostly glued there are tickets from theatre plays in college, in PETA and CCP. I  was really soaked in theatre work and everything else in between during that time. The tickets are from TP's Himala, Romansa ni Magno Rubio (which i so loved), Artistang Artlet's Deuterium and Teatro Tomasino's Tatarin. One particular ticket i have glued there is special to me.

This is the father-daughter tandem back then during my heydays in Artistang Artlets. It's Larawang Kapilas Puso, adpated from a Japanese folktale the Picture Wife. Written by Dong de los Reyes and directed by her only daughter, moi.

I had my first and i think? last calling card glued there too. I was a researcher then for a block timer show in  RPN 9--Workforce, i think. I also worked in Lakbay TV for Tipong Pinoy back then until Studio 23 and the mother station ABS-CBN warped me to full time and mainstream TV work.

There's Sergio Mendes whose music i totally digged during that time.. all that brazilian thing. And Sting from the Police. Of course, alternative music from REd Hot Chili Peppers, U2 and Dave Matthews band which surprisingly, i still have in my phone.

Akira Kurosawa's Eiga Sai is there and the Rashomon ticket. I don't know why i liked him during that time. Must be all the samurai and free films in Shangrila. Then was introduced to French films and now to Filipino ones. Ha! And in that order.

I got the Joker Arroyo sticker during the EDSA 2 where i participated in ousting Erap. I don't know if i still like Joker Arroyo now. Oh well.

Of course, until now, i cannot depart from my love affair with chocolates. I still have a few Kitkat wrappers posted somewhere below in that picture there.That Kitkat wrapper was the first chocolate I got from my first official boyfriend but not necessarily my first love... you know, we get to have those sometimes. The wrapper stayed but the boy didn't.

And that David statue picture with the words: Show em' what you've got. I guess that was my motto back then. The question is, ten years after that, have i showed them what I've got? I think so and many more to come. Hehe.



Comments

Popular Posts