Beer Nights

Last night was another beer night. Another session to cap off something new and blasting for the next few episodes to come.

For this year, I've come to some consecutive beer nights with colleagues. They've come to be friends as well since I see them more than my 'way back when' friends. They're not exactly my peers but I think at the pace we're at, it's very imminent a nice sounding adjective will be added prior to the so called 'friends' zone. And this got me thinking--- when do we add adjectives to relationships, say like friends?  Do we put it in writing? If so, is it on a fancy pen or pencil? And can we erase them too? Do we?

As for me, I could have a connection with one single beer night and add a whole new adjective to it. Same goes with how I could just erase it with one single shitty attitude and outlook I have to bear for quite sometime. Honestly, I'm doing the latter which I never do on a daily basis like some hobby. I am not proud of it really.  I do not even recommend it because it is quite taxing but I think I've made a decision. I could be wrong and regret it but for now, I just have to have balls to stand up to it. And we move on. I'm just hoping these pangs of disgust would just blow itself up because it's not a good feeling. I haven't felt like this before and on a positive note, I think I'm getting to know myself better with all these shit drama.

But this is not the reason. These are about the beer nights; about fears and inevitable changes peeping out amidst the trickles of beer sweat off my glass. Some things are coming my way and I can't quite wrap myself to it. It's a good thing dressed in ugly clothing. I just have to strip it off, unwrap and hold it like a prize with pay. Hehe. But I am looking forward to it, go through another wormhole because that is the fun part. And of course the GOOD THING at the end of it.

Comments

Popular Posts