bente nuebe

lately ko lang na realize na 29 na pala ako. 9 years ago lang bubot na bubot pa ako. Now that after 9 years ay heto na ako ngayon. Hindi naman masama ang kinalabasan ko. Medyo kampante na rin ako in a way na hindi kasi next year i'm going to hit the big 3 league.

20's was about dilly dally, about being lost and found. About striking while the iron is so hot. Making leaps and bounds. I immensely enjoyed my 20's. The world for me was a wide meadow and i could run free and naked with it. It was a decade of opening and closing doors and making way for lit windows. I fell in love in my 20's, in all aspects of my life. It was passionate and riveting. I had a job then and suddenly lost it. I couldn't go back home for fear of losing face and had to squat in a friend's house. I met good friends and discarded some. I just loved every year that went by in my 20s. And now i'm at the rear end of that decade, it seems i don't want to let go. And my body is telling me so...

Iba na kasi pag-trenta. It's like you have to straighten up your act. Kung durugista ka dati for the past ten years then ito na ang panahon na itigil mo siya. Kung tambay ka lang at pagita-gitara, when you hit 30's ito na yung time pagkakitaan mo na yung pagtambay at pagigitara mo. I knew somebody who spent 8 years of his life doing nothing but play online games sa bahay. Literal 'to.  When he hit his 30's bigla niyang naisip na mag-aral ng engineering. Ayun, awa ng Diyos, pasado na sa board exams at engineer na siya.

I don't have any plans sa aking 30's life. Bring it to me. Lagi naman akong walang plano pero siyempre the usual gusto ko ng bahay kotse et al. Pero other than that gulatan lahat ng nangyayari sa buhay ko pero i have faith.  Kaya nga minsan, gusto ko magbigay ng unsolicited advice sa mga friends ko na mag-asawa na ayaw pa nila magka-anak kasi wala pa daw pera. We can never be truly prepared for anything in this life. Ako, I strongly believe that i will always be provided for by God, emotionally and financially. That's true for me. I'm not a practicing catholic but i believe hindi ako pinabayaan kahit kailan. Sa tingin ko, yun lang, faith. Unfaltering faith that everything will turn out fine whatever the odds.

Here are things i look forward to in my 30's

1. To just let things be. If it comes then it's there. Savor it. If it doesn't then it doesn't, move on.

2. More reasons to smile and look forward to. Like making films, cooking, eating slowly, playing tennis, visiting museums and marvelling at paintings with childlike awe.

3. New found friends and actual real relationships other than facebook friends.To meet them in person and talk with them, you know.

4. Wear a two piece bikini again. I don't really care about my CS scar to be seen as long as i have a nice tummy. I'm working on that unconsciously.

5. To actively help other people. Really. Particuarly those i don't know. Can be as simple as teaching my cousin how to act out a role in her school play. To giving school stuff to the children of our kasambahays.

6. To appreciate the littlest of things. Like how nice it is to walk barefoot on soft grass after some hard running. Like fitting in again on an old pair of jeans. The soft sound of a tennis ball hitting swiftly on your racket.

7. For old things to be seen with a new set of eyes. For more AHA moments that keep me in calm affirmation that life is so fucking great.

Comments

  1. psst. Among other things, 30s is when one is becoming the most attractive....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh really? i'm lovin that fact!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts