Hashtag Blessed

Nitong mga nakaraang araw, I came upon a status of my my friend which he lifted on an article sa NY times--- it's a about being blessed via the social media way. But it's not what you think it is. It's more of a social commentary siya sa mga hambog who likes to clothe in plain rags.  

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/04/fashion/blessed-becomes-popular-word-hashtag-social-media.html?_r=1

It's not what it is as we know it. It's about how people brag in the most humble way possible by calling themselves blessed. Me, I have no problem calling yourself blessed since it's an affirmation of something but it depends din pala now that I've read that article. Lalo na if you say, Oh, Daddy gave me a new Maserati as my grad gift, now what do I do with my old BMW? #blessed-- Pota ka! Ayan ang kairitang kind of blessed and I think that is what makes the word a bit shaky and kunot noo, di ba?

And because of shitty ramblings like that, the word blessed, which was so innocent and leaning towards Buddha-levels of enlightenment, is now in a different light than what it is supposed to mean. So I checked myself and all my social media posts if I am guilty of this and I wasn't thank God (bwahaha). The one thing I did spill about in facebook was my promotion and I hope I didn't come off bragging that because I was asking God to help me since I haven't figured it out still haha.
And why didn't I do that in the privacy of my thoughts if that was my intention? Our new show needed some exposure and it was hitting two birds with one click. Promote at exposure din pag may time.. alam mo na.  But if you call yourself blessed because of simple things and big things then by all means go for it! It all boils down to character and the hide button.

Ayan na blessed na tayo but more than proclaiming that we are ever so blessed, I say be greatful and thankful.  I had this superficial realization on a trip last year that for all that we are and think that were,  we are absolutely nothing but a speck of dust in this world. Nada. And it took me a trip to realize this. nyahaha.  But for all our misgivings and imperfection, we still have a good life and that is why we should always be thankful. That is our daily serving of humble pie.

But on that note, I truly am thankful for things and experiences that I cannot afford or have only dreamed of. Unang una itong Bali trip namin at ang pag-stay sa napaka sosyal na Bali Intercontinental Hotel. Yes, I wouldn't even book a night here for myself kasi mahalia!! But thank God for my good friend Z who has been the gateway to all my luxurious hotel stays abroad at a mere backpacker rate. And for that, we abuse her! hahaha.

So here's the beautiful Bali InterContinental Resort situated just facing the Jimbaran Beach.

Jimabaran Beach at high noon

Jimbaran beach at sunset

Of the three beaches I've been in Bali, Jimbaran tops the list. It's the usual surfing waves with creamy sand and much relaxing view. Now of course, the star that is the Bali Intercon

view from the lobby

this is what faces the beach



It's a really big sprawling hotel with tall coconut trees that almost whisper to your ears and say chill, yes they talk hahaha. Since it's big,  you have to take a huff of a walk to go to your room. Of course the room is just as lovely and A class but you'd rather go outside and lounge about when you have these pieces of heaven at hand. I have to say that this is the best hotel I have stayed in my entire life.
 
the biggest pool of the 3 or 4 pools


some small details within the resort

This I guess is one of my fave pics taken during that stay.


This was at sunset while all of us were lying on our beach beds facing the sunset. The path was the way down to the Jimbaran beach. I took several shots of my friend C who was texting and I told him to hold his hand up high, as a form of salute to life, as an affirmation that all is well. And it sure is for us at that moment. Yeah, savor every last ray of sunshine. or should I say we are thankful and blessed for having each other at that very moment---  be it in luxury or poverty.

Comments

Popular Posts