Me Time. Eat Time.

I kinda got burned the past few weeks with labada. I thank God for those but sometimes you just wish that you had nothing to do. So today was me time. As in just myself. And this was how i spent it--eating and shopping. Grabbed some grub at Chelsea Market and Cafe.

To start there was free soft ciabatta bread and thats a big baked garlic on top. Very nice. Just like in Itallianis. And i love the dip.

 A closer look on the dip. This is balsamic vinegar on olive oil with parmesan cheese. Right kind of asim plus the soft bread. Looks like I'm in for a treat. I had a second serving.

Then came the salad. There are only 3 salads i normally like. The Greek Salad of Shakey's, Pancake House's Fiesta Taco Salad and Cyma's Roka Salata. Not really a salad lover but just because i have this constant need to eat something raw and fresh and gulay. Yeah, nasanay ako na gulay ang kinakain. So this is their salad--Granny Smith Arugula something with walnuts.


I have a bit of a problem with the arugula leaf. It's hard for me to eat it that raw because it has a bitter aftertaste. The usual arugula i like are the ones stuffed on a sandwhich where it's part of the cast but here it's the main star. I felt like a goat grazing on a meadow. Healthy it is but not really the kind i like even with all the fancy shmancy dressing which i always order an extra of. So not too happy with this.

And here comes the seafood pasta with huge servings of seafood. Yum. Always go for the red one. Too big a serving for me so i had to have it packed after.



Generally the food i had was ok. The frozen iced tea was good. The unfortunate is the dining experience since i was seated next to a really loud lady who just talked and talked and talked loudly. Sumakit ang ulo ko sa kanya so there goes my quiet alone time. I liked the design of the place though with some interesting hangings on the wall.


So there. The shopping part? I bought these lovely black flower clip ons in Forever 21. So cute. I plan to wear them on my brother's wedding. You know, just to be fancy shmancy. I love flowers. How come nobody wears them on their head nowadays?

Comments

Popular Posts