on women i am not close with

About to go on a mini vacation tomorrow with the rest of the neighbors. Yes, an outing with the kapitbahays. Not really set with the idea since i'm not really close to them but they seem to be a happy bunch. Normal polite people who smile, like flowers and plants. Well, the problem is i sometimes lack social skills. I don't really know how to open myself.  And our neighbors have been close enough  by way of drinking sessions and parties for them to organize an outing. Of course, i did not attend their bonding sessions because i always have work late at night.

A side story--> i am so OP when there's a group and they're playing pusoy dos. I always encounter pusoy dos in groups i am not so close with. I don't know the friekin game and i really don't get it but i would definitely have my game face on over Word Factory, charades and Pinoy Henyo anytime. hehe

So there are two groups-- the wife and the hubby group.  I belong to the wife group of course and the thing i dread about women who really don't know you from the innards is being too chatty. or maybe the need to be chatty because silence can be an awkward moment. or the need to please everyone with good manners and all that stuff. Nothing wrong with that but i just like things without much ado. I am a fan of spontaneity especially among women. I have my girls and we like noise, Paris, red lipstick, rock bands and bras and giggles and okrayan as much as we like space, thoughts and silence so much so there would be no awkward moment and no pressure to make somebody feel accepted because they're MY girls. 

Why am i feeling this anxiety? What if they don't like me? What if i can't bring myself to laugh at their jokes? Do some of them have same interests as mine? Do they watch Game of Thrones? or even adore Meryl Streep or Nora Aunor and listen to Barbra Streisand? Does anyone from there like a musical play? I don't know really, i guess i have to find that one out. I think it must be the age gap. I'm the youngest wife out there i guess. Or am i being too picky? am i being prejudiced out here? I guess so but i can't help it. This is the first time i get to be really chummy with the neighbors when they have long been getting to know each other.  Or maybe a little alcohol will help. haha. Alcohol will make it work.

Comments

Popular Posts