Salbabida moment

I had this sort of break from work. The sked is very erratic so i took a chance to go out with the kids and take them somewhere they don't normally go. I took them to Batlag falls in Tanay.
Batlag Falls
 It is not really recommended for the maarte type and those who gawk at the sight of ka-jologsan. Sorry pero hindi siya dinevelop ng mga Ayala and being a public domain you kinda expect it to be that way--poor CR's and usual plastic litters and videoke. Videoke is not ok in a place filled with the sounds of gushing waters and mother Nature's moment. It ruins the au naturel mood, it frightens the birds and can make Maria Makiling rise up from a tree. Hay. Buti na lang malayo yung falls mismo dun sa medyo populated area kaya keri pa rin.  And it was not packed even on a Saturday.

Blue waters mean deep like 15ft.
The water falling from your head is just right, not too cold and very refreshing. Like being baptized and feeling new again. I can't explain how wonderful it is to feel that. I'm just after the aha moment and reliving the experience of seeing again a waterfalls. Because it brings back so many childhood memories of how our weekends are spent on mountains and taking ilog baths and massages on the waterfalls in all its purity sans the public. The whole ilog and waterfalls just for us--those are moments when i feel so blessed hence i am in deep prayer when i back float. Kailan kaya ulit mangyayari yun? I want the kids to have that experience because malls and manicured lawns can only do so much.

Now the salbabida moment came just now after looking at some pics moodrah took on her phone. There i was posing in my usual i don't care pin up pose fit for a mag cover with the water trickling down on me, the only problem is, it won't land on a cover. Not even a flyer for a save the earth advocacy. Because for the first time in the history of my confidence, i felt ashamed. Because i was fat. There. I said it. This is not a nega post. hahaha. Ngayon ko lang naisip na mataba na pala ako after seeing that. It's not something to be alarmed but i feel alarmed and... attacked. Attacked by my own self  for not noticing it when i see myself naked everyday. I never thought myself to be fat.

So what do i do now. God I'm almost 30 and i can't do magic anymore.

Comments

Popular Posts