Skirt

I have a love affair with skirts. It dates back to my youth even as i spend summers dipping in rivers and lubluban ng kalabaw and cutting tall grasses on a mountain range. I had a very masculine childhood being with 4 boys back then but still a skirt i wore and a dress. And it carried on till now. I seldom wear pants and most of my pants have this palda feel to it. Denim jeans are a bit serious for me and i feel heavy wearing it.


I was the "T-shirt-palda-tsinelas girl" as opposed to the "tank top-jeans-Chucks" kinda girl during college.   When i first had work on a TV network, my producer is so irritated that i wear a skirt to tapings and at the office. Parang di daw ako nagtratrabaho. Yun nga ang point ko.. hagard na nga sa taping tapos magpapaka-heavy pako. Kasi pag naka-palda ako parang summer forever ang feeling ko-- nakaka good vibes. Iba naman yung work sa TV, i wear denims if i really have to make tuwad and climb up a ceiling... sakto lang naman. I wear soft jeans during remote tapings kasi naman ang hirap mag-palda sa Baseco compound na lahat ata ng lalake may laslas sa mga tyan nila. Swak lang naman ako sa pagka forever summer feel kung kinakailangan. I guess my boss back then found it so weird for me to wear a skirt when hindi naman ako artista, alila lang naman ako doon. Paki-alam ko sa kanya, inggit lang kasi di niya magawang mag-palda.

A dress is such a breeze, uncomplicated very easy to wear, no mixing and matching and just can be worn nicely with eyes closed. Too bad not a lot of women wear dresses and i adore women who casually wear a nice one on not so serious days like banking and queuing up for a lotto bet. When i was younger, my Mom always took me to accompany her sa palengke and there was this woman picking out tomatoes wearing a nice dress. I observed her, how effortless and peaceful she seemed behind the chaos and the smell of bagoong sa palengke. Kahit may streaks ng putik ang legs niya, dedma siya basta siya lang ang naka-dress doon. Dahil sa kanya kaya natuto ako pumili ng matinong kamatis. O di ba, a dress is understated and sexy with a hint of class especially if it's a nice one. I like women who wear it without much ado if she's fashion forward or not... the fact that she wears it means she has her own thing going and personal style.

So this is not about me.. hehe. It's Musa. She likes to wear dresses for everyday occasion. And the puffy ones at that kahit nasa bahay lang. She would refuse to wear her pambahay and insist on picking a nice sunday dress with flowers. Then she would twirl around and marvel how the skirt would make a small bubble of space around her.. such delight in a child. She would think she's an animal ballerina because of the zebra print . I think she's beautiful ballerina or not.

Comments

Popular Posts