Brown


So here is my Saturday.

We have no maid in the house and I woke up at 8am to do a lot of pending work. I have no time to cook meals and I am still sleepy and lazy to even think about  thawing off anything from the freezer. So off we go to some breakfast place and got some greasy brown stuff for breakfast ( the morning staples-- sausage, bacon, tocino) they all look brown to me, even the tocino.

And now, I am plopped here in my usual place of work where I get things done at a faster pace versus at home. And lo, Starbucks got a nice interior facelift. No more greentones and filthy moss green  carpets. But the over all hue is still close to earth with its wood and flesh tones. I like its vintage Muji appeal.

It actually feels like I am inside Coffee Bean and Tea leaf. Good thing ba yun?  Parang nilimot na ng Starbucks ang kanyang pagkatao. Na peer pressure ba siya? Or talagang change is constant even in coffeeshops?

Pero bet ko naman ito. It is wider than the usual and a bit formal compared to its homey aura before. I could be more productive here. Nainggit naman ako, buti pa Starbucks nakapag-pa facial na at naging tan. Ako, nganga pa din.

 Happy Saturday. Gotta grind to bind.


Comments

Popular Posts